No...sara doesn't own the company at all any more.

Sadly...Magic Cabin has changed way too much since being bought out. Actually...this is the 2nd or third company that has bought Magic Cabin, formerly known as Magic Cabin Dolls. It probably still seems really quaint, but it is no where near as quaint as it was. The old workshop was a huge one room with wooden floors, and huge wood and muslin bins for products. There were enormous work tables, and a few sewing machines around the edges of the room. The ladies that worked in the shop would personally answer the phone for orders. Custom Playmates were a really big deal, and Sara customized them all herself. There was no bathroom, only an outhouse!

I am really sad about the direction Magic Cabin has taken. There is no longer any production going on in or around our little town. Most things are being imported now, and people here have all lost their jobs, as everything is being moved to another part of the country. The dolls are no longer made by mothers in their homes....which was one of Sara's main ideas. She wanted to provide mothers with a means to stay home with their children. I quit in 2000, and have felt really bad as I have watched things changing so much.

I have really bad arthritis in my shoulders, and have a really hard time now rolling heads, and making dolls properly. I can make a 16" playmate in just over an hour. I can make 3 Baba's in an hour. But it really hurts, and I am never satisfied any more with the finished product. I don't think that rolling over 30 heads per week, for years, helped my arthritis at all. I don't regret it, though. I loved it so much. I still make a doll or two at Christmas time to sell on ebay.